Sunday, January 25, 2009

Googleing God

Don't you just wish you could Google the Heavens?

Search for: My mission in life

and get the answer- right there- so all you have to do is read it and then go and do it. I wonder if its because we are so used to having things at our fingertips now that we've forgotten how to actually think something through.

What happened to sitting under a tree up at the leaves and working out a problem, thinking through the process and drawing conlcusions. It's like our brains are running so fast with things to do and ways to get them done faster that the bigger picture, the main mission spaning far accross the 'Get Milk's' and 'Work 8 hours today' is just lost and uncontemplated.

We want to wind down in the evenings and turn off our brains. TV, computers and socializing help with that, but we aren't really turning off our brains as they were never truly 'on'. They're just running the treadmill of daily routine that has us mired in the muck of exisiting.

I hate that the evenings are lost to this 'unwinding' god.

Maybe its because I no longer have Sunday's but I am looking for those hours of being able to tune in to that larger mission, that greater reason that my heart beats. Maybe its more because now that I am here in Israel, I lack knowing what it is that I lack. For years I knew what I needed to do and why.

Now that we are here, it is less clear, though I know it exists. Finding it... I only know of one way. And in this I must be much more consistant and persistant.

I need to make a list of things I need to do this month- Tomorrow is Rosh Chodesh

It is the first of the month of Shvat- I think I'll go make a list of things to do this month.

1- Study for that damn driving test

2- Ask God every day to PLEASE show me wht it is I am meant to do and how to accomplish it

3- (thats private)

No comments:

Post a Comment